[dokuwiki] Re: Sitemap and fnencode=safe

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:55:32 -0500

On 10/26/2010 12:16 PM, Michael Hamann wrote:
Hi,

Excerpts from Myron Turner's message of 2010-10-26 18:01:06 +0200:
When fnencode='safe', the Safe Ascii listings in the sitemap conflate
the .txt. extension and the file's name, so that the listing shows up as
file_nametxt instead of as file_name.

I can reproduce that in the index view but not in the generated sitemap.
The filename is data/pages/umlaut/l%C3%A4ute.txt and the displayed id is
lǓtxt (but should be läute) and is displayed as nonexistent.

I've looked a bit into the code and the problem is basically that
DokuWiki assumes that the configured filename encoding is the used one.
Thus if you change the encoding you have to convert all old filenames to
the new encoding. I'm not sure if it will be possible to add a system
that guesses the filename encoding.
Michael

I started with a fresh install, for testing purposes, as I am working to make fckgLite compatible with the Safe Ascii format. So there were no old file names to convert.

I don't follow the distinction you are making between the index and the generated sitemap. I am referring to what happens when you click on the newly named sitemap button, which still produces a do=index in the query string.

I believe the problem occurs when the safe name is returned from SafeFN::decode. I don't see why this should happen here and not, it would seem, anywhere else. The directory listings themselves are correct, in correct safe format. And when the pages are fetched from the server, they are correctly converted.

Myron

--

Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/