[dokuwiki] Re: SV: Re: Extended characters in acronyms doesn't work

  • From: Otto Vainio <oiv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:04:59 +0200

Hi

http://www.google.com/search?q=ultraedit+BOM

first two

http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=994
http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34

seems to explain how to configure ultraedit to not use BOM :)

brgds Otto

Lindgren Daniel wrote:
PHP Warning:  htmlspecialchars() [<a
href='function.htmlspecialchars'>function.htmlspecialchars</a>]:
Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dokuwiki\inc\parser\xhtml.php on line 987
The entities.con file hast to be in UTF-8 (without BOM).

Well, entities.conf hasn't been touched since installation and contained
no entities for extended characters (we use DokuWiki 2007-06-26b).

I tried adding entities from
http://www.cookwood.com/html/extras/entities.html to entities.local.conf
and changed file format to UTF-8 (in UltraEdit-32, ASCII ->  UTF-8), no
improvement (even worse actually, extended characters in regular text
were garbled). The first bytes (BOM?) in the file is FF FE
(UTF-16/Unicode). If I do a "view source" in IE on any page in our
DokuWiki it is also FF FE.

I've tried finding a tool to identify and/or convert to UTF-8 without
BOM, but haven't found one.

There are no problems with extended characters in "normal" text, just in
acronyms.

/Daniel