[dokuwiki] Re: Problems with home directory install

  • From: Judoka <judoka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:42:09 +0200

Just one thing that it appears that everyone knows but that can't
be stressed enough.

Many of us only have ftp and web access to our sites.

So we can hack config files at home and upload to the site
but we can't run any scripts, except via the web on the site.

And quite often it's hard to convince the host admins to hack
http.conf or php.ini on request.

So please please, don't forget us poor bastards who have to live
with what we have.

// j
ps.
I have to admit that I actually can, since I have a local install
at home on my own server and uses weex to update the main site.
But the problems are common.
ds.