[dokuwiki] Prevent overwrite of mediafiles (was: Planned features for DokuWiki)

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:09:57 +0200

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:04:55 +0200
Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 2. Request before overwriting mediafiles
>
> It's done :-). The attached patch adds a confirmation popup to the
> media window that will occour if you try to upload an already existing
> file(it checks on names).

I think such things should be checked at the server side. I thought about it
and extended the ACL mechanism a little bit.

We now have UPLOAD and DELETE permissions (the latter one includes the former
as always). Now only users with DELETE permission are allowed to overwrite
existing mediafiles (and as additon they can delete them as well). Overwrite
protection was added with a simple checkbox.

Please note: the DELETE permission only affects the media files. Pages are
deleted (moved to the attic) as always by emptying them.

TODO: the documentation needs to be adjusted. Volunteers?