[dokuwiki] Re: Prevent overwrite of mediafiles (was: Planned features for DokuWiki)

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:41:07 +0200
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

> This could make more sense, but may be a large performance overhead again.
> How about an additional button to manually check for references? So "Admins"
> could check before they delete.

I finished the first part of my reference checker. Every time the user
wanted to delete a media file, DokuWiki checks existing references and
denies file deletion if the media file is still in use.

References are collected through a special version of full text search.
The same data will be collected so it would be easy to show the user
where these references are. This will become part 2 of the reference
checker but part 1 works fine and is good enough for some performance
checks.

For performance reasons only five references are colected. More
references wouldn't bring more informations.

Two new configuration values (three if part 2 is finish):
- refcheck  :  boolean, enable reference check : default: 1
- refcount  :  int, no of references to be saved : default: 5

I will built part 2 on top of this patch but some questions have to be
clearified first:

1. Where should the reference hits be displayed? In the top area of the
media popup? Instead of the media popup? In an separate window?
2. What about the pake links? should they work or only displayed for
information? The user still edits an article when this information is
displayed.

Suggestions are welcome

  Best Regards
    Matthias