[dokuwiki] Re: Permission to delete pages

  • From: "Gabriel Birke" <gabriel.birke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:34:18 +0200

Oliver Schulze wrote:
> You may want to change the permisions of the critical pages.
> Create a group like wiki-admin and permit the edit only of
> those pages to that group.
>
> So, vandalizing of that page can be done only by people on
> the wiki-admin group.

This is not an option in my case - the wiki is an internal knowledge
base where every user who is logged is "trusted" and has EDIT rights. So
vandalism is no concern, only accidental deletion of content. So it
would be great if only the admins could DELETE pages and all other users
could only edit pages.

Since we can trust our users to a certain extent, I think I will settle
with a javascript solution in the template that checks the textarea
contents when the user clicks on "save".

Gabriel