[dokuwiki] Re: Permission to delete pages

  • From: "Bob McConnell" <rvm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:48:45 -0400

I have a similar situation in that we restrict http access to employees
logged into the internal network. The development teams are the initial
users, but it is open to anyone in the company to add or edit pages.

I set up an RSS feed to the NewsFox plugin on FireFox that tells me when
pages are added, changed or deleted. I can then double check to make
sure the deletions were intentional. Usually it is obvious when they are
immediately recreated in another namespace, but a couple have just
disappeared a few days after they were created.

The only gap is that adding to discussion threads don't trigger an RSS
event. Eventually that may be a good thing, but right now it is an
irritant.

Bob McConnell
Principal Communications Programmer
The CBORD Group, Inc.