[dokuwiki] Re: New Configuration settings and templates

  • From: "Martin Tschofen" <martin.tschofen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:38:40 -0500

Works as advertised. For your reference here's what works for me:
default.php:
$conf['admin_enable'] = '1';

metadata.php:
$meta['admin_enable'] = array('onoff');

setting.php:
$lang['admin_enable'] = 'Label of this...';

In the template at the top:
<?php tpl_getConf('admin_enable');?>

I refer to it in my template as $conf['tpl']['ia']['admin_enable']

It shows up in the new configurator in it's own group as 'IA Template Settings'.

For an admin plugin, I did the same except for I didn't need to call
tpl_getConf().

Perhaps that helps. Should this go on a new wiki page on how to set
use settings and link to it from Template und Plugin
development?...martin

On 5/11/06, Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- My template settings weren't given a separate group.  I haven't looked
into this at all, it could be because I haven't set them up correctly -
it was a quick test I put together for a first hand check on what Martin
was saying.  However they are correctly labelled as template settings
(tpl template-name setting-name) and are showing in blue as the default
values.