[dokuwiki] Re: New Configuration settings and templates

Ben Coburn wrote:

Chris, it looks like we were both wrong about this. There is already a function "tpl_getConf($id)" in "inc/template.php".

I thought something had been done but I didn't know what or where. This documentation needs to get into splitbrain somewhere.

I looked at the updated config UI -- it looks really good, great work!

I did notice a couple of things:
- I have some settings for which there is no metadata or default values. Can these "unknown" settings get their own section to avoid them being grouped incorrectly with something else.
- My template settings weren't given a separate group. I haven't looked into this at all, it could be because I haven't set them up correctly - it was a quick test I put together for a first hand check on what Martin was saying. However they are correctly labelled as template settings (tpl template-name setting-name) and are showing in blue as the default values.

I have sent Andi through a patch for config.class.php which will read any plugin "settings.class.php" files allowing plugins to extend the setting class for their own settings if required.

Cheers,

Chris