[dokuwiki] Multi-site installation

  • From: Hugo Mills <hugo-dw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:04:05 +0100

   I'm one of the administrators of lug.org.uk[1] -- a small
organisation that provides free web and mail hosting for Linux and
other Free Software user groups in the UK. We have just set up a new
service which allows us to provision selected web applications for
separate groups using a single centralised installation of the
application, but with per-group data.

   One of the first apps that we've rolled out on the service is
DokuWiki. It needed a little patching to make it to what we wanted,
but it seems to work well in our testbed. If anyone's interested in
the setup we used or the patches, there's a description of how we did
it at [2,3], and the patches to DokuWiki are at [4,5].

   Hugo.

[1] http://lug.org.uk/
[2] http://carfax.org.uk/blog/snm-config-part-1
[3] http://carfax.org.uk/blog/snm-config-part-2
[4] http://carfax.org.uk/files/snm-patches/set-basedir.patch
[5] http://carfax.org.uk/files/snm-patches/per-user-acl.patch

   --- "How deep will this sub go?" "Oh,  she'll go all the way to ---
                    the bottom if we don't stop her."