[dokuwiki] Re: Multiple Namespaces and Images

  • From: Ben Coburn <btcoburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:16:33 -0700

On Aug 7, 2006, at 9:10 AM, Lavigne, Jesse wrote:

Greetings!

We have begun using Doku-wiki within our IT department to publish helpdesk information, how-to guides, and the like.

When making How-To guides, I have started using multiple namespaces to organize the guides, and to make ACL configuration easier. For example: http://wiki-domain/helpdesk:howto:email_configuration. The drawback comes when I try to upload images for the email_configuration page - I can only put them in the first two levels of namespace, under "helpdesk" or "howto".

I would like to be able to have images under helpdesk-howto-<guide> in order to better organize them. Is this possible, short of ftp-ing the images to the appropriate subdirectory on the server? I'd prefer to be able to upload them through the normal editing interface.

A search on the wiki, web, and mailing lists didn't reveal much - any suggestions?

It's already possible, though a bit counter intuitive. When you are selecting a file to upload, add a colon separated namespace path to the front of the "Upload as (optional)" field. Note that new media specific namespaces can be created this way.

If you are editing the page "helpdesk:howto:email_configuration" and upload the image "example_01.jpg", the "Upload as" field can be changed from "example_01.jpg" to "email_conf:example_01.jpg" (a relative path). This will place the image in the namespace ":helpdesk:howto:email_conf:" which only exists in the media namespace tree.

Regards, Ben Coburn