[dokuwiki] Re: Installation instructions not complete?

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:58:11 +0100

sports tg wrote:

chgrp nogroup dokuwiki/conf/users.auth.php
chgrp nogroup dokuwiki/conf/acl.auth.php
chmod 664 dokuwiki/conf/users.auth.php
chmod 664 dokuwiki/conf/acl.auth.php
chown -R nobody dokuwiki/data
chmod -R g=rwx dokuwiki/data

and then as noted above :

su - root -c "chown -R  apache:apache  /mywebroot/dokuwiki"

I am happy to update the installation instructons once we get this
install working.

Thanks, Tom.

What user/group does your webserver run under. My guess is it doesn't run under apache:apache. If its something else (e.g. nobody:nogroup) you need to alter the su chown command accordingly.

I'd recommend you change the permission of the conf directory to allow the webserver to write/create files within it. So,

chown nobody:nogroup dokuwiki/conf
chmod 775 dokuwiki/conf

either that or you should create an empty local.php and give the webserver permission to modify it.

Cheers,

Chris