[dokuwiki] Re: (IMP!) Major Change in Handling FTP (FTP Hack and problems with permissions)

  • From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:41:11 +0200

Hello Anika,

> This is not so much a DokuWiki rule, but more how things work naturally in
> OpenSource development in general. (If you think about it, it makes sense.)

Fortunately, I've always considered "open" as a market name rather
than its literal meaning. ;)

> While I understand that you might not want to learn how to use git,
> especially if you don't plan to contribute more, a *unified diff* is quite
> universal and should not take you longer than 5 minutes. Any professional
> text editor can usually do unified diff, so you don't even need to install
> anything.

Sure, I'll try the diff way. Question; where do I post the diff results?
There will also be a new file in /inc/ to hold the class file.

> time. BTW, you wouldn't need a VM for git.)

Unless you wanted to pass through the pain of setting it up on windows...

Anyway, thanks Anika for help.

Cheers,
Chris.