[dokuwiki] Re: File permissions keep changing

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 08:17:37 -0500

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:50:58 +1000
"Tony Steward" <tony_steward@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry I should have added to that that if I then edit the same page
later permissions are then set back to 644 again.

You might want to have a look at the dmode and fmode settings. You
should also read wiki:install:permissions
Andi

Luke Howson wrote:
Tony Steward wrote:
Sorry I have absolutely no idea what dmode & fmode even is yet alone where
to find or set them.
I really need to be led by the hand and told what to do.

Thanks
Go to Admin, Configuration manager. Under Basic settings there will be Directory creation mode. Set this to 0755. Set File creation mode to 0644 and you should be right.

These are the Dokuwiki defaults, so unless Tony has changed them, they are probably correctly set, as far as DokuWiki is concerned. It sounds to me like an ownership problem, since when he resets his permisssions to 777 manually (just before saving), he can then write to his file. In other words, he is giving both group and world write permisssion. If the site had a previous history of editing and saving, then something has changed on the server, and Tony should contact his ISP. In the meantime, it sounds to me like the only way to solve his problem is to set fmode to 666, which gives everyone write permission.