[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWikiFCK version 23 Released

  • From: "Jerry Schwartz" <jerry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:22:41 -0400

I installed the plugin according to your instructions, and gave it a whirl.
It truncated the first page I tried it on. The page is fairly long, so I
won't post it to the list, but I'd be happy to send you the source.

Here's the fragment where things went wrong:

--------------

===== Notes, Known Problems and Precautions =====
  * Some of the older PHP code uses short open tags ("<?" instead of
"<?php"). These have been deprecated for a long time, and the //default//
state of the PHP system is to //ignore// them. For this reason you must
enable short_open_tags in php.ini or parts of the system will not run. Even
the scripts that have been commented and modified from their "originals"
might have carried over some short tags.
  * **DokuWiki:**
    * Using a template for a new Sub Name Space (we use that for the
publishers): this required a patch, as described in the text file on Jerry's
system in the folder "C:\Users\Jerry\Documents\DokuWiki Customizations", but
it appears to have been incorporated into DokuWiki 2007-06-26. The "up one
level" template file name must be "NS/../__template.txt". This technique is
used in the Publishers name space, where each publisher has its own sub name
space but they all use the same template.

-------------- and so on

The entire page was shown when I went into edit mode. I used the editor to
italicize a bit of text that came after the this fragment, and the page got
truncated at the < character.

I reverted to an older version of the document and tried to duplicate the
problem. I wasn't able to, but I ran into a different problem. The unordered
list, beginning with "    * Using a template..." got mangled.

Also, whenever I tried to save the page after using the plugin I go that
message about a conflict with another user.

Finally, I couldn't uninstall the plugin using the admin interface. The
ownerships were odd. Finally I had to scrape it out by hand.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032