[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWikiFCK version 23 Released

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:08:42 -0500

Thank you for sending me the full page. Since neither of us could replicate the problem, it's hard to know exactly where it originated. But I was able to create a similar error using another page and was able to find something in some legacy code that I inherited which I believe is the culprit. So that should be fixed.

About the unordered list. It's not altogether surprising, since you are importing complex native DokuWiki document into the FCKeditor. But I didn't see this problem myself. I tried the document in both an earlier 2008 release candidate (rc2008-03-31) and in the current release (2008-05-05). In both cases the document displayed and saved without any issues. About the conflict message. This will be fixed in the next release. DokuWiki checks keyboard activity to see if you are working; if not, after a time-out period, it issues a time out warning. If you are active at the keyboard, it renews your lock on the file. But DokuWiki is not aware of the keyboard activity in the FCKeditor. So, unless a work-around is implemented, you would get timeout warnings while working at the keyboard. The workaround is not perfect and so will result in the conflict message, if someone else gains access to the file while you are working on it. Version 24 of DokuWikiFCK fixes this problem.

DokuWikiFCK is not really set up to be installed from the plugin manager, so it has to be uninstalled manually as well.

Best, and thanks again for your help,

Myron Turner

Jerry Schwartz wrote:
I installed the plugin according to your instructions, and gave it a whirl.
It truncated the first page I tried it on. The page is fairly long, so I
won't post it to the list, but I'd be happy to send you the source.

I reverted to an older version of the document and tried to duplicate the
problem. I wasn't able to, but I ran into a different problem. The unordered
list, beginning with "    * Using a template..." got mangled.
Also, whenever I tried to save the page after using the plugin I go that
message about a conflict with another user.

Finally, I couldn't uninstall the plugin using the admin interface. The
ownerships were odd. Finally I had to scrape it out by hand.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032