[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki Wordpress integration

  • From: Florian Feldhaus <florian.feldhaus@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:40:44 +0100

I'm not sure, if this solution would work. The Wiki and the Wordpress are on two different (virtual) machines and should stay separate. I just want to include certain pages from the wiki into Wordpress. If someone follows the internal wiki links, he should still stay inside the Wordpress Theme. I could sync the DokuWiki files between the two machines and then use your solution - setting up a DokuWiki with the same theme as the one used in Wordpress. But I hope, that there is a cleaner solution. Perhaps one of the developers knows if there is a way to get rendered pages without the template applied from a normal DokuWiki? Besides that, it would be nice if one could use a search through the content of both, DokuWiki and Wordpress... I consider writing my own Wordpress plugin to achieve all this, but therefore I would need to know a way to access the rendered DokuWiki pages and search results.

Greetings,
Flo

Michael Clark schrieb:
I've done this by creating a new theme, by creating an empty page in my WordPress. I saved the resulting, rendered HTML of the page, and split the html into two parts, the top (header) and the bottom portion (footer). The sidebar became part of the footer file. That results in the sidebar content not automagically updating, but it works very well. I have around 3,000 pages in the wiki. I started using Dokuwiki after discovering WordPress wasn't sturdy enough to handle that many pages. I cut and pasted the Dokuwiki commands into the templates, it works pretty well.

Wordpress is at http://www.showbizradio.net ; wiki is at http://www.showbizradio.net/info/ .

It's been a while since I did this, so I don't remember 100% how I did it. Which I need to remember, since I'll be redesigning the site later this year, Mike

At 5:20 PM +0100 2/7/08, Florian Feldhaus wrote:
I'd like to integrate the content of a DokuWiki into Wordpress Pages. The content should only be changed in the DokuWiki, Wordpress shall only display the content inside the Wordpress Theme. I found the dwBliki Wordpress Plugin, but it is quite outdated and a little bit too complex for me. I just need a rendered Wiki page (without sidebar and theme) to be displayed by Wordpress. Does anyone know a way how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Florian Feldhaus