[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki Wordpress integration

  • From: Michael Clark <b64835261435e2bd97e2a4bc73a20f6c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:26:28 -0500

I've done this by creating a new theme, by creating an empty page in my WordPress. I saved the resulting, rendered HTML of the page, and split the html into two parts, the top (header) and the bottom portion (footer). The sidebar became part of the footer file. That results in the sidebar content not automagically updating, but it works very well. I have around 3,000 pages in the wiki. I started using Dokuwiki after discovering WordPress wasn't sturdy enough to handle that many pages. I cut and pasted the Dokuwiki commands into the templates, it works pretty well.

Wordpress is at http://www.showbizradio.net ; wiki is at http://www.showbizradio.net/info/ .

It's been a while since I did this, so I don't remember 100% how I did it. Which I need to remember, since I'll be redesigning the site later this year, Mike

At 5:20 PM +0100 2/7/08, Florian Feldhaus wrote:
I'd like to integrate the content of a DokuWiki into Wordpress Pages. The content should only be changed in the DokuWiki, Wordpress shall only display the content inside the Wordpress Theme. I found the dwBliki Wordpress Plugin, but it is quite outdated and a little bit too complex for me. I just need a rendered Wiki page (without sidebar and theme) to be displayed by Wordpress. Does anyone know a way how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Florian Feldhaus

Michael Clark
http://www.PlanetMike.com

Listen to Christmas music 24 hours a day 7 days a week:
http://www.ChristmasMusic247.com

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
 - Martin Luther King Jr.