[dokuwiki] Re: A couple of observations

  • From: James Johnson <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:55:48 +0200

You already have that (nearly) complete control!
What exactly do you wish to do, which cannot be done already?

For instance, currently there is just one class, called "page", to style the group of contents that is the page. Although the toc has it's own class, the rest of the page does not have a separate class. This means that, if you want to create layouts with the page contents boxed and with the toc external to that box, there is no way to do it without editing the main.php file.

The reason I mentioned Zen Garden is because it is a good example of a file which has mark-up for complete flexibility of layouts. Although it is true that a lot of the elements in the dokuwiki page have been given their own css classes, there are still some missing for complete flexibility of layout.

I am not criticizing dokuwiki, I think it is great. I am just trying to help by pointing out where it could be made better. It would be great it you could just drop in different templates and completely change the layout, but currently although there is very good markup for individual elements, groups of elements are not so well marked up and so it is difficult to move different elements around.

James