[dokuwiki-teams] [Infrastructure] Application update codex

  • From: Dennis Plöger <develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:17:50 +0100

Hi!

I think, we should talk about, what updates we install when.

In my experience, a fast "bleeding edge" update process can lead to problems. I
would recommend the following:

  * High-Priority Packages (everything, that's futile to our services like
Apache, mysql and stuff): Wait two weeks after publication, then install
  * Middle priority (everything system related, that's not public): three weeks
  * Low priority (everything else) four weeks

What do you say?

Kind regards,
Dennis