[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [Infrastructure] Backup / Firewall

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 22:14:07 +0100

> We definitely need something better manageable than iptables. The script
> works, but IMHO iptables is hard to look through or manage. I updated our
> task list to do this. If you don't like that idea, remove it from the task
> list. If nobody says something, I will bring shorewall to the server and
> migrate the iptables setup.

Fine with me

> Andi, do we have a direct console access (you know with firewall, networks
> and ssh-thingies I kinda would like that for special setups :) )

we can reboot the machine into a rescue system from the hetzner Web
console to fix things if they go wrong. I'm not in town this weekend
so I can't do that, so better don't mess up this Weekend ;)

For firewall stuff I usually set up a cron Job that completely flushes
the tables every 20 minutes until I'm sure everything Works As it
should.

Andi

--
splitbrain.org