[dokuwiki-teams] Re: Angua release is coming

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 22:13:45 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> Another point concerning the Media Manager: when clicking on the media
> button from the edit toolbar, I still get the "old" Media Files popup.
> Is the further goal (next release or even further) to do everything from
> the new media manager?

No, this is intended. The "old" media manager shall stay for quickly
uploading and selecting media files for insertion into the page in a
pop up. In contrast to this the new full screen media manager is not
intended to be in a pop up but rather a full window and is for
managing media files. Other CMS like Wordpress have similar concepts.

> And a last one: IIRC this media manager work was sponsored as GSOC,
> right? If so, I think the changes page should say it and thank GSOC.

Yes, the media manager was one of our GSoC projects. The config
cascade for plugin enabling/disabling was part of the new extension
manager GSoC project. We should thank Kate and Piyush for the work and
Google for sponsoring it.

Michael