[dmusofties] A Hardware question

  • From: Michael Timoney <hells_weapon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmusofties@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:27:06 +0100 (BST)

this ones quite simple my dad wants to network the 3
PC's in the house I've recommended Wireless now as far
as i'm aware this is what i'll need

1 Wireless Router,2 wireless network cards

if i'm wrong please tell me.

here's the question he's also about to get broadband
now can you connect a USB modem directly to the router
or would it need to be connected to one of the
networked PC's and then be shared accross the network?

And just incase the guy selling the service don't know
what he's talkig about would it make any difference if
the modem has an ethernet port?

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The
Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html