[dmusofties] Re: A Hardware question

  • From: Paul Kennerley <kennerley_paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmusofties@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:53:11 +0100 (BST)

I'm sure that others will be more qualified to answer
this, but I would recomend an ADSL modem that is
combined with a wireless router, and then 3 wireless
network cards.

I would always go for a model with an ethernet port
instead of USB (mainly due to past expereince with
getting Linux to work with USB, although it probably
isnt a problem now).

--- Michael Timoney <hells_weapon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> this ones quite simple my dad wants to network the 3
> PC's in the house I've recommended Wireless now as
> far
> as i'm aware this is what i'll need
> 1 Wireless Router,2 wireless network cards
> if i'm wrong please tell me.
> here's the question he's also about to get broadband
> now can you connect a USB modem directly to the
> router
> or would it need to be connected to one of the
> networked PC's and then be shared accross the
> network?
> And just incase the guy selling the service don't
> know
> what he's talkig about would it make any difference
> if
> the modem has an ethernet port?
> Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is
> radically easier to use" ? The Wall Street Journal
> http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New
Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html