[digitalucifer] [...Come The Wolves] Old Age And Nostalgia

  • From: sku11fukkr <morpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: digitalucifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:37:17 -0800 (PST)

 =20 <?null
/*
  Yesterday I bought With The Lights Out, the Nirvana Box Set[1]. I am com=
pletely suprised by how much of it is made up of songs and/or versions of s=
ongs I haven't heard yet. From 1992 to 1997, I was a rabid bootleg fiend, s=
carfing up every taped copy of an import I could find. I have a small colle=
ction of shows, but mostly I looked for songs I hadn't heard at all on the =
normal releases. There are so many, so so many... but this box set shamed m=
e. I am completely fucking humbled. This thing is a gold mine for people li=
ke me. Ever since its November 24th, 2004 release, I've thought about buyin=
g it. The $50 price tag kept it out of my range for a little while, but yes=
terday I stumbled upon a used (and perfectly goddamned fine) copy for $30. =
Mix that with a buy-three-get-one-free deal and the fact that I was already=
getting a couple other used CDs, I pretty much got this for free. Oh, my f=
ucking elation!

  There is one track in particular that sti= cks out: 'Old Age'. This is one
of the best Nirvana songs I have ever heard= . It really puts me back to my
teenage years, when my only goals in life we= re to both hear and make
reallygood music. I didn't give a fuck about tech= nical ability or
technicalities, not to mention my indifference towards tec= hnology...
almosta seemingly complete contrast from my current hobbies: vi= olent metal
(though feeling driven, a genre requiring some technical abilit= y),
details,and computers. Hearing the songs on this box set really just m= akes
me smile. To anyone who is old enough to remember the era this comes f=
rom... to anyone who was old enough to enjoy it while it was here: get this=
box set.
*/

?>

--
Posted by sku11fukkr to ...Come The Wolves[2] at 3/31/2005 04:= 35:00 PM

--- Links ---
   1 3D"http://ww=
   2 3D"http://digitalucifer.net//2005=