[dfaresource] Re: Fw: Beta testers needed for all languages for Microsoft Word to DAISY translator

  • From: KONGKEO TOUNALOM <lab.vt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dfaresource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:47:24 +0700

Thanks for your information.

Pratya  Wimanrat
Lao Association of the Blind> From: vashkar79@xxxxxxxxxxx> To:
dfaresource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> CC: sakir_ypsa@xxxxxxxxx; ypsa_arif@xxxxxxxxx;
info@xxxxxxxx> Subject: [dfaresource] Fw: Beta testers needed for all languages
for Microsoft Word to DAISY translator> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:17:35 +0600>
> > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "George Kerscher"
<kerscher@xxxxxxxxxxx>> To: "DAISY Technical Developments"
<technical-developments@xxxxxxxxx>; > "DAISY Training & Tech Support"
<support@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY Staff (private)" > <daisy-staff-private@xxxxxxxxx>;
"DAISY Board" <daisy-board@xxxxxxxxx>; > "DAISY all members"
<members@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY Friends" > <friends@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY Marketing
list" <marketing@xxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:53 AM>
Subject: Beta testers needed for all languages for Microsoft Word to DAISY >
translator> > > > Dear All,> >> > Two new releases of the Microsoft Word
translator add-in are planned for > > the> > next four months. The first
software release will be fixing reported> > problems, supply improved
documentation, and add new features, including> > support for MathML
generation. The second release will add audio (mp3)> > generation using TTS
engines and will deliver a fully conforming DAISY > > file> > set. The add-in
works with Word XP, Word 2003, and Word 2007.> >> > We would like to recruit
people interested in beta testing the candidate> > releases before they are
made generally available to the public through> > SourceForge. We are looking
for 50 to 100 people from all language groups> > to ensure that the add-in is
working for everybody throughout the world.> >> > To sign up for beta testing,
please use the "contact us" form on the DAISY> > Web site and select the
category "Project Microsoft Save as DAISY Beta> > Testing" The direct link is:>
> http://www.daisy.org/support/contactus.shtml> >> > For more information about
the Save as DAISY project with Microsoft, > > visit:> >
http://www.daisy.org/projects/save-as-daisy-microsoft/> >> >> > Best> > George>
>> > George Kerscher, Secretary General, DAISY Consortium> >> > George Kerscher
Ph.D.> > Access to information is a fundamental human right in our Information
Age.> > Senior Officer, Accessible Information> > Recording For the Blind &
Dyslexic (RFB&D)> > http://www.rfbd.org> > Secretary General, DAISY Consortium>
> http://www.daisy.org> > Co-chair Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a
division of the W3C> > http://www.w3c.org/wai> > Board Representative to the
International Digital Publishing Forum > > (IDPF)> > http://www.idpf.org> >
Phone: +1 406/549-4687> > Email: kerscher@xxxxxxxxxxx> >> >> >> > ---> > You
are currently subscribed to members as: vashkar79@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > To
Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!