[dfaresource] Fw: Beta testers needed for all languages for Microsoft Word to DAISY translator

  • From: "vashkar vattacharya" <vashkar79@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dfaresource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:17:35 +0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Kerscher" <kerscher@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: "DAISY Technical Developments" <technical-developments@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY Training & Tech Support" <support@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY Staff (private)" <daisy-staff-private@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY Board" <daisy-board@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY all members" <members@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY Friends" <friends@xxxxxxxxx>; "DAISY Marketing list" <marketing@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:53 AM
Subject: Beta testers needed for all languages for Microsoft Word to DAISY translator

Dear All,

Two new releases of the Microsoft Word translator add-in are planned for the
next  four months. The first software release will be fixing reported
problems, supply improved documentation, and add new features, including
support for MathML generation. The second release will add audio (mp3)
generation using TTS engines and will deliver a fully conforming DAISY file
set. The add-in works with Word XP, Word 2003, and Word 2007.

We would like to recruit people interested in beta testing the candidate
releases before they are made generally available to the public through
SourceForge.  We are looking for 50 to 100 people from all language groups
to ensure that the add-in is working for everybody throughout the world.

To sign up for beta testing, please use the "contact us" form on the DAISY
Web site and select the category "Project Microsoft Save as DAISY Beta
Testing"  The direct link is:
http://www.daisy.org/support/contactus.shtml

For more information about the Save as DAISY project with Microsoft, visit:
http://www.daisy.org/projects/save-as-daisy-microsoft/

Best
George

George Kerscher, Secretary General, DAISY Consortium

George Kerscher Ph.D.
Access to information is a fundamental human right in our Information Age.
Senior Officer, Accessible Information
Recording For the Blind & Dyslexic (RFB&D)
http://www.rfbd.org
Secretary General, DAISY Consortium
http://www.daisy.org
Co-chair Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division of the W3C
http://www.w3c.org/wai
Board Representative to the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
http://www.idpf.org
Phone: +1 406/549-4687
Email: kerscher@xxxxxxxxxxx

---