[dfaresource] Re: FW: your help needed

  • From: "Prashant" <pr_verma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dfaresource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:08:04 +0530

Converted from Rich TextHello,

I have given my opinion below the queries posted from Pakistan.

Other list members may please add to this if they have any specific
information.

From Pakistan: the exe you mailed started working after reinstalation of
sigtuna dar. it
is good enough but now an other problem that

* on exporting the project a MSG box pops up that Error number 40964 has
occured the encoder cant continue. What to do?
Prashant: Please explain in detail the procedure adopted for encoding. Also
check hard disc free space before encoding.

* What is the purpose of DISC INFO file and how we can creat it.?
Prashant: The discinfo file helps DAISY CD players identify  various books on
the CD. When you want to create a CD containing more than one Daisy book, you
must prepare & include a discinfo file in the CD.

I am copying instructions for preparing this file here.

--

instructions for creating CD containing more than one DAISY DTB

The CD finally created contains different folders of DAISY Books and a
DISKINFO.HTML file. Follow the steps listed below for creating such CD which
will play on all hardware & software DAISY BOOK PLAYERS.

1. Make sure that the folder name containing the DAISY Book does not have
spaces. Use underscores or capitalise the first letter of each word.

2. Make sure that the files are directly inside the main folder. there should
not be subfolders.

3. Check the size of the folders. The total size of all the folders should not
exceed the the capacity of the CD that is 700 MB approximately.

4. Prepare the file DISKINFO.HTML carefully. You can modify an existing
DISKINFO file. This may be convenient.

5. The DISKINFO.HTML file contains the following line in the body.
In the above line replace FOLDER_NAME & BOOK NAME with that of the folder you
are writing on the CD.
If you are copying 3 folders or books then there should be 3 such statements in
the DISKINFO.HTML file.

6. Note that for editing the DISKINFO file you can open it in NOTEPAD by
bringing up the CONTEXT MENU using the APPLICATIONS KEY and chosing OPEN WITH...

7. Before writing the folders and the DISKINFO file to the CD, use the DAISY
2.02 VALIDATOR to make sure that the CD will play in all players. Accumalate
all the book folders & the DISKINFO file inside one folder and open the
VALIDATOR. Go into the CANDIDATES MENU & select ADD SINGLE FILES.. & then
DISKINFO..
Select your DISKINFO.HTML file ant then RUN the VALIDATOR by pressing CONTROL +
R. If there are no errors, you can proceed to writing the files to the CD. If
the VALIDATOR displays some errors, review & correct them.

8. Finally all the folders alongwith the DISKINFO.HTML file should be copied on
to the CD.

__

* The data of our book is 6.04GB in size.its chunking will be as normal as
others or some other way?
 Prashant: What I understand from your question is that you wish to know
whether a 6 GB  book can be compressed to fit in one CD. Well if the book is 6
GB in size in WAVE format, it will surely compress to much below 500 mb on
selecting MP3 48 kbps.

* in one book we have used normal wave rate format and in 2nd book we have used
MP3.do both formats are compatible? in future will they safe.
Prashant: Your question is not clear. You should record every book in wave
format & convert it into MP3 format for distribution after final editing. You
should keep both copies that is the wave version & the MP3 version of the book
safely in your library.

* We want to upload on our website www.farhathashmi.com and
www.alhudapk.com what will be the procedure. will these book be accessable
through our sites?
Prashant: You can certainly upload all the files of your daisy books in a
xip)compressed) folder. Users will be able to download them & play on their
PC/CD players.

Alternatively, you can provide option of playing the book directly from the
website, but this will involve smart programming & lot of internet bandwidth.

* what will be the way to upload it on daisy site?
Prashant: I don't think that as of now anyone is uploading complete books on
the Daisy websites for public use. If you wish to put it up on DFOP website,
you will have to adopt one of the strategies mentioned above.

---------------

Taking your so much time hope you wont mind it.
Thank you in advance.
best of luck.
wassalamualaikum.

Farrukh Choudhary
--
For attaining authentic Islamic knowledge click:
www.farhathashmi.com

[...]

Title: CD Information
Type Book Name Here