[delphizip] Re: zippeeper

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:40:03 -0000

ZipPeeper will be a standalone zip reader for use with or without ZipMaster.
Eventually, I'll probably release the core technology for use in other
programs, however, at this stage, since I haven't yet started work on
deflate code/archive writing, it would be of very limited use anyway.

For those that are interested my modular code uses Windows interfaces, is
reentrant/thread-safe and based on streams. It's designed so that other
compression and archiving methods can be added later. Initial benchmark
suggest inflate is about 60%-70% as fast as Winzip but there may be some
optimization to come.

-- James Turner
www.skaro.net

PS
If anyone can think of a better name than ZipPeeper (that hasn't already
been used) let me know.