[delphizip] Re: Span volume problems

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:56:11 +1100

That's how I am doing it except that when reading spanned in IsRightDisk
check previously format of FInFileName and keep to that format.
I don't think that the Drive type needs testing so often - can it actually
change while doing spans?
I am in favour of using AddOptions instead of  separate properties but there
are advantages and disadvantages of either way (a big minus is that they can
be used outside of Add operations that is I thought of using separate set
but ...).
In the beginning of the low level format function I added a test of drive
type to only allow removable disks to be formatted, perhaps there should be
similar for erasing disks (don't allow erase from root on hard disk?).
Am inclined to change the name of the function CheckIfLastDisk to
OpenIfLastDisk!
Should widen setting of ZipBusy and UnzBusy (replace with Busy?) to show
when is in an operation, not when dlls are in use (It is possible to call
add while still doing anything else including add).
Then need to make span functions able to be 'cancelled' like the dlls.
Russell Peters
http://www.users.bigpond.com/russellpeters/delphizip.html