[delphizip] New spanning scheme - allows SFX

  • From: James Turner <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:09:57 +0000

The format proposed below would be incompatible with standard methods to
assemble zip archives. In a spanned disk set, I can see no advantage, to
combining the zip reader code into the zip file. To me, this seems to be
unnecessary work producing a format that would not be compatible with existing
zip software.

As far as I can remember, Winzip uses a separate zip reader program with sfx
disk sets.

-- James Turner