[delphizip] Re: Maxdisksize NoSpan

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:49:52 +1100

One of the bigger problems is - what to do if you try compressing a file and
it will not fit? (scrap it, do next disk or smaller file or what?)
If a file is definately too big (no hope of fitting when compressed) you
also have the problem of whether to 'break' the disk at that point or skip
the file (or files) and fill disk with smaller files (thereby maybe leading
to orphanned files - have to check multiple disks to find all files from a
directory).
I think it goes beyond the requirements of  the dll. (if I can get past
these headaches I may be able to come up more ideas or even get a bit
further porting the 'compression code' to Delphi).
This is a function I want to use and have been trying to find ways around
for a while.
Russell Peters
http://www.users.bigpond.com/russellpeters/delphizip.html