[delphizip] Re: Link Error 1496 after upgrading to ZipMaster 1.79

  • From: RPeters <rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:45:42 +1100

 Jay Eisenstock wrote: I reinstalled version 1.78 which works fine,
includingSortGrid, so that I can continue working with current software
release. When I get a chance I will also look to see if I can find what
mightbe calling these linker errors and I do plan to upgrade to Delphi 2009
later this year. Thanks all -----Original Message----- From:
delphizip-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1] [mailto:delphizip-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2]]
On Behalf Of RPeters Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 6:52 PM To:
delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3] Subject: [delphizip] Re: Link Error 1496 after
upgrading to ZipMaster 1.79 Jay Eisenstock wrote: I've been using ZipMaster
1.78 for a number of years without any issues. I just upgraded to
1.79.10.07,I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise addition. I can get past the link
error if I build every time before running but that is not right. Also, I
have had trouble getting SortGrid to work with this version. When I try to
install it gives me an error "SortGrid.pas recursively uses itself" Any help
would be most appreciated Jay Eisenstock jeisenstock@xxxxxxxxxxx[4]
subject. I will try to find what is going wrong in the latest version - D4
will not compile it either, it locks up with 99% cpu. I know it used to work
even after the initial changes for D2009. You could try- 1. remove old .dcu
and .pkg files 2. make sure the compiler cannot find any old source,
intermediate or package files (it seems to find old ones first even in
placesyou think if couldn't). 3. Build instead of Make (you probably already
have). Russell Peters ----------- To unsubscribe from this list, send an
empty e-mail message to: delphizip-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[6] and put the word
an empty e-mail message to: delphizip-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[7] and put the
word unsubscribe in the subject. Hopefully before then the new version will
be available - we are busy testing and fixing now.
As it happens the new version has no problems installing in D4 but it still
has too many bugs as yet.
I will keep trying to locate and fix the 1.79 linking problems - I have only
been part way successful as yet.
Russell Peters

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:delphizip-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx