[delphizip] Re: Error 10123: DLL Error - Exception in handler #2 "Range check error"

  • From: Roger Aelbrecht <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:36:48 +0100

Vincent MORIAUX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using DelphiZip DLL ,1.79 with TZipMaster. I'm trying to "zip"
> (AddCompLevel = 0) 45000 files of 10MB but I get an error from the DLL:
>
> Error 10123: DLL Error - Exception in handler #2 "Range check error"
>
> What's going wrong ? I tried with 45000 files of 1KB and it works fine.
>
> Thanks

The message indicates that there was an Exception in your event handler.
handler #2 is OnProgress
The message indicates that there is a 'Range check error' inside your
event handler probably caused by the bigger numbers you will receive

To avoid exception to be passed to the dll you should put your event
handlers in try .. Except blocks something like

try
  ( your event handler)
except
   on E: Exception do ErrorDialog(E.Message, E.HelpContext);
end;

--
Roger Aelbrecht