[delphizip] Re: Creating as SFX EXE... the saga continues

  • From: "RPeters" <rpeters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:39:10 +1000

I am not sure as to some of what you say but -
 By default the dll is loaded dynamically (STATIC_LOAD_DELZIP_DLL undefined)
- that is the dll gets loaded under control of the program itself (not as
the program is being loaded).
 Unless you are building a new zip, or adding files to an existing zip, the
sfx should not need the dll which is only used for Add/Extract/Delete.
 DLL_Path returns the path the dll is loaded from which, of course, makes
the assumption that it is loaded; if needful it is easy enough to
load/unload.
 When Verbose is true you will get Trace messages informing you when, and
from where, the dll is loaded or unloaded.
When STATIC_LOAD_DELZIP_DLL is defined Dll_Load does nothing (only still
exists to avoid even more conditional compilation complications).
 Using statically loaded dll is not encouraged but can be necessary under
certain rare conditions.

- Russell Peters