[delphizip] Re: Any reason not to use C++ for (some of) Dlls

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 13:45:48 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 10:01 PM
Subject: [delphizip] Any reason not to use C++ for (some of) Dlls

> Is there any reason not to use C++ for changes in the dlls?
> That would allow automatic cleanup of structures etc.
> I think using exceptions may slow things down (but don't know).
> I don't mean using the Builder version of Delphi I mean true (if there is
any such thing) C++.
> I would like to try different internal 'lists' to store the found files -
these must remove (or better still - reject) duplicates.

> Just a thought.
>
> Russell Peters
> http://www.users.bigpond.com/russellpeters/delphizip.html

I can be wrong but if we use C++ code we need to change the file names to
cpp
otherwise the compiler will complain.
The compiler does not use C++ rules in 'C' files

I have no objection of turning the dll's into C++,
I think it can make some thing easier.

Roger Aelbrecht
http://web.wanadoo.be/driehoeksw