[delphizip] Re: AddSpanOptions

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:21:28 +0100

Russell Peters wrote:
> I hope to complete porting your changes to ZipMaster and there are few
> things (some unrelated) that you might want to check -
> DiskFreeAndSize - check bug for call to getfreediskspaceex ,it
> returns true ok not error (same as getfreediskspace)

Checked and changed

> Avoid specifying Winzip type names (they may not mind but it is
> copyright) after type AddSpanCompatName a couple of times I think
> perhaps AddSpanAltNames (spAltNames) may be easier (could not
> remember if was AddSpanCompatibleName or whatever).

Will change the name

> There seems to more function duplication added for using different
> naming schemes perhaps a new function (or 2) could be added - that
> way problems could be tackled in one place instead of many).
> Do we need to keep checking the drive type? - I would not have
> thought it could be changed readily, at least not as we use fixed or
> removable (I doubt can be changed short of rebooting!) (also
> mem_drive should be included as a fixed type)

I was already thinking about using a new function and perhaps checking
the drive type often can be avoided
Didn't think about mem_drive, will add this one too

Since the naming schemes seems to work now I can concentrate on this
kind of things

Thanks for the advice