[delphizip] Re: A trial ZipDll

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 07:42:43 +1100

The 'ticker' is ActionCode 0 with values 0 or empty string.
I am of 2 minds as to whether to supply an event handler for it - in my
altered callback routine I can actually respond to all ActionCodes (needed
to be able exclude ProcessMessages and wanted to be able to log/debug
callbacks).
The show activity you would have to respond to both OnTick (0) and
OnSetNewName (7), whereas you can just respond to OnAfterCallback (all) but
would want to limit responses.
Probably should have OnTick(Sender: TObject) for 0!
Welcome more appropriate names (expecially for OnAfterCallback(Sender:
TObject; var DoCancel : boolean)}

I think it would be better for ReadSplit (to avoid asking for last disk) to
change loop from repeat .. until to while (not (IsDiskPresent(false) and
CheckIsLastDisk(EOC, false)) . A few things might need to initialized first.

Am looking to avoid asking for first disk to write to if  empty, formatted
disk is present.

Thought new add option (also needed for splitting zips) AddSpanNoVolumeName
(don't change/use disk volume name), AddSpanCompatName (make Winzip type
names), AddSpanNoWipe (format don't wipe disk).
Could use new property SpanOptions: AddOptions (defaults for spanning
actions - when directly making spanned set gets copy of AddOptions) but
could just use AddOptions instead (but readspan may need some settings and
it does not add!).
The URL was a mistake!
Russell Peters
http://www.users.bigpond.com/russellpeters/delphizip.html