[ddots-l] Re: working with midi files

  • From: "Mike C" <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:32:01 -0500

Hey Grant what you must do is to go in to the properties of your track and make
sure that your input is set to midi omni.  Another thing to examine is to see
if your bank select method is set to normal.  In some case the person who
created the midi file didn't set this properly.
Here are the steps below.

1. Open up your properties dialogue by pressing the letter p if your are using
CT.  If not press your applications key and down arrow until you hear Jaws say
Properties.
2. You will now land in a the track properties menu where you will hear Jaws
say input button.  Simply press the space bar to select this option, and listen
on weather you hear your midi interface.  In this you would probabbly hear some
like Moteef s, if this is the interface you are using.  In any case your
wanting to hear the midi interface that you use.  So at this point simply hit
your right arrow to expand this menu, and you will hear midi omni.  Simply hit
enter to check this input.  You will land back in to the track properties
dialog, tab to the next control.   you should hear your midi interface out
spoken at this point.
3. Next tab to your channel and listen to what channel your track is set too.

4. Simply tab to bank select method and make sure it is set to normal.  If its
not then you need to change this.
5. play something on your keyboard you should hear your patch.  If you want to
change your patch simply tab to this option and choose a patch you wish to hear.

Let me know if this helps you out.