[ddots-l] Re: using USP keyboard

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:06:01 -0500

Hi, Ramy,

We do recommend that you use an auxiliary USB keyboard to control Sibelius
Speaking on your laptop.  The USB keyboard will have a full num pad to allow
you to use all the functions of Sibelius Speaking.  Remember, even though
you are using a laptop, set JAWS to "Desktop Layout" under Options | Basics.

There are musical MIDI keyboards that attach via USB.  You can also use one
of them if you like.  Otherwise, just type the keys that correspond to the
English note names to enter pitches.  For example, type the letter A to
enter the note called A.  Type a B to sound the pitch B, etc.

Regards,
Bill

  _____