[ddots-l] Re: superior

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:55:19 -0500

Hi steve this is good to hear. I have a few expasions and the nashille kit is nice. even without hsc i can see the list of durms to change, etc.

Ireally need to separate these drums to different outputs. I have been mixing and natching so many different kits its crazy. this all sound wonderful.
At 08:20 PM 11/21/2009, you wrote:
Hi All,

The hsc for Superior that Phil has worked on are very easy to understand.
Some of you may already be aware, I don't know much about Computers at all, however, I need to understand a little about them so I can create quality Live sounding productions for my shows.

The good thing about Superior is, it's almost as tough sounding as good hardware.

One of the presets you can load has reverse Gate which really does make the superior Toms have that classic Phil Collins sound. There's a preset I think it's call "normal" this as a subtle bleed from the snare on the Toms and Kick Drum. These presets really are perfect for someone like me who just wants to tweak a little then get on with the music.

When looking at the expansions, they may have less microphones for you to use on the drum kits, but don't let this put you off as some of the expansions sound great, and don't necessary need so many microphones.

Personally the snare on the Nashville expansion is perfect for my next few projects so am looking forward to Phil working out how I can add this snare to Superior.

I'm not the brightest light on the Street, but within a few minutes of looking at Superior, I knew how to change Snares, Kick Drums, Hi-hat...
I could choose whether I wanted Brushes, Rods or Sticks, it's so easy.

If you want good sounding drums without having to be a nasa scientist, this maybe the answer you've been looking for.

Steve W

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4627 (20091121) __________