[ddots-l] Re: recording a broadcast radio program

  • From: Rui Vilarinho <ruialby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:59:21 +0000

Hi Johan,

Virtual Audio Cable will create a bunch of virtual ports if needed,
like a soundcard.

By standard already works,i find it straight forward, the interface is very
accessible.

Therefore, as  exemple:  if you select in Winamp Virtual Audio Cable 1 as
output, and within Sonar you select the same Virtual Audio Cable 1 as input in
a audio track, and your microphone  in another audio track  all streaming will
be recorded in each specific audio track.
 I prefer to ppoint winamp to one audio track, and my microphone to another
audio track where I can use independent equalization and compressing, if you
also want to record Jaws, you can select within Jaws soundcard a diferent
virtual audio cable 2, ,  and point  Jaws to another audio track;all pointed to
the masterbus where you can insert a multiband, limiter, etc.

Note: To listen winamp and your mic, etc, recording must be made with eco ecco
on,
use control A.

In adition, if you have a Daw controler like the BCF 2000, wile your recording
you can make some adjustments in real time with faders, or mute , etc.

In the end of recording you can make some adjustments and  export all project
as a single audio track.

But, let's say that you  really really want to record straight way within sonar
to one same audio track!
Go to the masterbus output and select for exemple, Virtual audio cable 3.
And at the track view in one more audio track, select the same virtual audio
cable 3 as input.
Record all streaming. Well, in the end, if you select to play this last audio
track exemple, it will be that single track you mention.
You got to export it also right? or, you can  go get it at the audio project
folder though.

regards,
Rui Vilarinho