[ddots-l] question on creating a click track question

  • From: "Brian Howerton" <bshowerton1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:01:24 -0500

    Hello,
Just am curious to see if this will work.  Eventually I will be completing my
internship and am looking to become a music director for a church.  Currently,
the music director at the church where I am working is using a program called
Digital performer and he is creating a click track off of demo tracks of songs
that the choir will be singing, and this click of course will be used with the
band while playing live.  Is there a way for us to be able to do this in Sonar?
 Basically, he is using an actual track off of a cd and creating a click track
from the track on the cd.  it looks like he's doing tempo maps and everything.
Just wondering how this all would work in sonar.  Also, does anyone ever use
click tracks in sonar during live situations and am wondering the easiest way
to do this....  I will be working in a small church working and they will not
have the money for in-ears but maybe we can use a headphone amp to run the
click for me and the drummer?  Just wondering what my options would be for this
so I can think through teh best way to do this as well...  Thanks for any help,
Brian