[ddots-l] Re: playing midi with computer keyboard

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:52:07 -0400

Not exactly what you're looking for but, while we're on this topic, a lot of
people don't know that they can play the PC's Home Row keys in Lime to enter
notes.  The Home Row keys trigger the white keys with a sounding C or DO.
The F key always plays an F or FA and the G key always plays a G.  Keys in
the row above sound the related black-key notes.  The bracket keys shift the
octave.  You can even play chords if your PC keyboard allows!

The Lime notation program is a shareware notation editor that has shipped
with our GOODFEEL Braille Music Translator software for many years now.  We
ship it with GOODFEEL Lite and with our newest product, Lime Aloud.  See
http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/limealoud.htm for more info.

Bill