[ddots-l] monitoring question

  • From: "Shawn Brock" <shawnbrock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:36:32 -0400

hey folks, i have a client who is the most difficult person i have ever  delt
with.  she has lots of money but little talint, or sence.  she hiered good
musicians fore her project but she will bee the downfall because of her vocals.
 i have ran into a situwation here, it seems that she dont want to here her
self in the head phones, just the music.  now i am useing the motu 828 m k i i
to run her head phone mix.  i do have a sepert head phone amp but dont have it
hooked up because of my lack of space at this point.  still no luck on finding
a sootable comercial fasillity.  but anyhow is there any way i can let this
fool hear just the music in the head phones, and myself bee able to hear both
her and the music in the controll room speekers?  my out put master is set to
my motu mane outs, should i change this and make the phones the master?  and
then reselect my out puts fore each track?  confused over hear.  this is the
first time i have ever heard of anyone not wanting to hear there vocals, but if
i sung like her i guess i would not want to hear myself eather.  the funny
thing about her is, i did a show with her about a weak ago, and she had the
sound man max the moniter out with her vocals, it was so loud that whin she
would sing you could not hear any thing elts hardly.  what do you good people
think?