[ddots-l] modulation envelopes

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:56:11 -0500

can someone explain just how modulation envelopes work? I'm using a softsynth that allows for tweeking the modulation envelope of the MOD Wheel. The parameters available for adjustment are: Modulation Depth, and Modulation Frequency. The depth is in percentages, and the Frequency is in DB. currently the settings are 48% and 0 DB with a range of 0.2DB to 8DB.

The softsynth is RealGuitar, and this adjustment is for guitar effects like slide, bend etc assigned to the Mod Wheel

I'm particularly interested in how these parameters will alter the overall sound & character of the effect. I know, I should just experiment, but I'd like to get some direction before plunging in.

.