[ddots-l] Re: [ddots-l]

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:06:11 -0400

At 12:31 PM 8/20/2010, you wrote:
Neville,
How is this done?

Try boosting an equalizer band by a high number of DB, and adjusting the center frequency and Q of the band until you find the offending frequencies. Then, reduce the gain of that band to a negative value, so it cuts the frequencies instead of boosting them. Are you a CakeTalking user? If so, maybe check out Chapters 30 and 31, dealing with effects and the Inspector. Read anything you can about equalization, online, in the Sonar help file, anywhere else.

We can only give you general tips because we're not hearing the audio you are working on. Some of this comes down to learning through experimentation.

Oh and check out the CakeTalking file Supported Real Time Effects.rtf, in the Tutorials folder.

Chris