[ddots-l] Re: appropriate sound interface

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 23:17:42 -0400

Hi There. I'm not sure if Dancing Dots sell the Saffire Firewire interfaces. Anyway, they use a firewire port, not USB. It's a different connector to USB. If your computer does not have a Firewire port, you can buy a card with a couple firewire ports on it pretty cheaply. Most seem to recommend cards with a Texas Instrument (TI) chip on it. Isn't that right guys? I haven't had to worry about firewire ports in a few years, so I'm not sure if that is still the best advice about which card to get.

Chris