[ddots-l] Upgrading xp questions

  • From: "Jim Jackson" <cs2011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 21:03:21 -0500

Hey there, I ask the question a few days ago about upgrading my daw from xp
professional to windows7 and received info from DJ X as well as Bill.
However, I didn't see Bill's post until after I'd already ordered the
windows7 home premium 64 bit online. When attempting to look at my specs to
determine how much memory I had I did the following: I typed msinfo32 in the
run box and looked at the specks presented there. It reported a little over
4 gigs of memory and so I placed the order. Then I saw Bills message which
sent me in to the system properties where there was reported 3.25 gigs of
ram! Which, is correct? Do I need to return the windows7 home premium 64
bit? Thanks