[ddots-l] Re: Update: was <re: Help, please?>

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 01:15:59 -0500

Hi, Bill,

Unfortunately I don't have the restore option as I had done some maintenance on
the system before I knew this problem existed. I did reinstall CakeTalking into
JAWS 12 as that's where the clicker was installed. I haven't reinstalled the
clicker until I figure this other thing out. The thing that's a mystery is that
it's doing it when I run JAWS 11 as well. I just don't know if there's
something amiss in Sonar that's causing the problem. I checked all the settings
that are pertinent for proper operation of CakeTalking, and I haven't had
anything pop out that would be obvious. I'm trying to trace things in my head
to see if I might have inadvertently turned some feature on that's a visual
tool that could be messing up CakeTalking. My screen resolution is set
properly, the X-Ray feature's disabled as it has been all along. I don't have
any other aps running in the background when I run Sonar other than my
anti-virus program as I want the machine to have as much resource devoted to
Sonar.

One other thing that I should mention is that when I'm in the dialog for
inserting time/measures, I find that I have to up-arrow then down-arrow when
I'm attempting to change the time value and the value for how much I want to
insert. This is definitely a mystery as everything else seems to be working as
expected at the moment.

Take care.

Mike